Jeff Van Gundy says Thibodeau divorce revealed the Bulls' front office

ESPN held media calls for the 2015 NBA Finals with analysts Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson. Van Gundy, never shy to speak his mind, didn't waste time when giving his thoughts on the Chicago Bulls releasing Tom Thibodeau:

Gianina Thompson: ...just kind of wanted to get you guys' take on the situation with Tom Thibodeau and Chicago. I know, obviously, the coaching fraternity is very strong, but just kind of what you feel about that from both your perspectives.

Jeff Van Gundy: I've got a couple comments. One, I'm pulling my name out of the Chicago Bulls running for head coach. Nobody has a sense of humor anymore.

To me, I think this is that the statement they put out when they let Tom go proves once again that every organization needs a vice president of common sense because when you have a public relations, high powered public relations business put that out and then you have multiple people have to co‑sign it to put it out, and it just absolutely wreaked of a lack of class, it shows that you just need somebody to say whoa. Let's just acknowledge his greatness, Thibodeau's greatness, and let's just move on, but it didn't happen that way.

And in some ways, in an odd way, I think it was good because, to me, that statement revealed exactly who each person was. It reveals who Jerry Reinsdorf is. It reveals who Gar Forman is. And Tom Thibodeau's statement reveals who he is. Everybody had to put their name finally on who they were, and they did. I think that's great.

It doesn't feel so great for Reinsdorf and Forman, but maybe that's what JVG was implying.



from Blog a Bull - All Posts http://ift.tt/1K7bJoa

No comments:

Post a Comment