Malaysian Soccer Player Scores Goal Of The Year On Free Kick

I’m not exactly up to date on my Malaysian soccer news, but I know an absolutely sick goal when I see one. This free kick is a work of art. If I could frame it and hang it on my wall I would.

That’s 28-year-old Malaysian midfielder Mohd Faiz Subri scoring what is almost certain to wine FIFA’s Puskas Award for the goal of the year. The tally came in his Pulau Pinang side’s 4-1 win over Pahang this weekend in the Malaysian Super League.

So how on Earth did he do that? The ball is launched towards the left corner of the net and ends up sweeping across the face of the goal and barely making it into the right corner. Is there some lesser-known Einstein theory that could explain this?

However it happened, we’re fairly sure you’ll be seeing replays of it for years to come.



from The Big Lead http://ift.tt/1Tm5Kjw

No comments:

Post a Comment